“Whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life”. John 4:14

Monday, June 27, 2011

Realizations of Life.

Seems awful to start my blog on a bad note, so I will give a quick update and highlight some of the good to start it off. Last week was great. I got to see my home church and let me tell you I loved seeing familiar faces and people who just make me happy. So glad to have them up here! =] Also, I have had some great time to get closer with God, and let me tell you, I LOVE seeing the great things God is doing up here at camp. So many kids have come up here and gotten so much work done. It is such a blessing that camp is so full this summer, full of youth just so excited to serve God. I can see God everywhere up here, and it is just so amazing to get that closer glimpse of him. Next, I managed to find a song that has helped me cope this week with the loss of my grandma. I believe it is an old song, but I have the remake by glee, (of course) and the lyrics just really make me smile:

“Smile though your heart is aching, Smile even though its breaking, When there are clouds in the sky you’ll get by, If you smile through your pain and sorrow, Smile it may be tomorrow you’ll see the sun come shining through for you.”

Basically, I know that my grandma is in that better place with God, and that she wants me to smile and be happy because she herself is happy. Now onto more uplifting stuff about life at camp. This last weekend I got the joy of going shopping! And not just at wal mart, but in a real mall! Fact though, the mall was a good 2 hours away. I really am my mother’s daughter if I drove 2 hours just to shop. I also went to Cabella’s for the first time ever. (They don’t have one in California) That was exciting. I plan on going back sometime to buy something so I can say I own something from there. (I’m pathetic.) Anyhow, my weekend was enjoyable thanks to that.

I have come to realize that I am thankful for the fact that I did not live the dorm life experience. Well let’s stick more so with the living with more than one person in a room experience. Don’t get me wrong, I love all the girl staff I live with. They are fun fantastic and beautiful. But, as the extreme extrovert I am, I have realized that sleep is when I get my alone time. Here is the other thing. I like to sleep at my own time, when I want and how I want. At home, I am used to getting in my nice big comfy bed, sniggling up with my covers, and watching tv until I fall asleep. I knew coming to camp I would lose the TV ability, which has been replaced by my ipod, thusly I am fine on that part. But living with 4 other girls, who all get up at different times, all have their own alarms, and all have their own bedtime schedules has been tricky. I am surviving fine and growing accustom to it. But there is one thing I am totally missing from home. I will be very excited to be back in my bed and my own room.

My bed is not the only thing I miss from home. I am at a loss for words at how much I miss my friends and family. I just feel so disconnected it is weird. My plan this week is to connect with as many as I can, even if it just means sending a letter home to them to let them know I am still alive. And then to say I miss my family is an understatement. I can’t believe it has been like 5 weeks since I have seen them last. I totally appreciate being so close to them now that I know what it is like to be so far away. My sister and I used to call when we were bored, or when we needed advice on who knows what, and not having that has been so weird. (Lindsay be prepared for a phone call a day when I am home. Haha) Hoepfully the being missed is being felt the same at home. And last but not least for the missing is of course the love of my life. I miss Marc (the boyfran) a lot. I luckily have had some opportunity to call him but a long distance phone relationship is not the same. I give people who have done it so much props and respect.

And finally, to sum up this really long blog, I just want to send the message out there that life at camp is still amazing. I miss home, and so many people, but I am growing in so many different ways at camp it is amazing. Everyday brings something new and exciting that I love and I just feel like a better person spititually, mentally, physically, and maturely. I hope to get another blog out this weekend, shorter and possibly more deep. Until then. =]

1 comment:

  1. So insiteful...and well written Dani...and OF COURSE you are missed!!!!

    ReplyDelete