“Whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life”. John 4:14

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Eleanor Bensen

Sunday was a sad day. As I am sure most of you who are on my facebook know that my grandma passed away. I know I said my blog was meant for camp life, but this is part of my life that is being lived at camp for now. So tonight my blog post is about her.

My grandma was a big part of my life. She was definitely one of the hardest things to leave home this summer. Over the past years I got super close with my grandma, being the youngest granddaughter who happened to live with her. Not that she had favorites, but I like to think I was her favorite youngest one. =] My grandma was the best at everything. She made the best cookies, the coolest blankets and stuffed animals, and just the best at making desserts. She also was really good at taking care of her grandchildren being a nurse and all. She just always knew what to do. The favorite thing I would say about all my  grandma’s (who are now all with God) was that they all were good at their own things, which helped me learn so much. My other grandma, who passed way too soon, was the best at crafts, and this grandma was the best at cookies/desserts. It just made my childhood fantastic.

In the recent years, my grandma was always critiquing my style. Whether it was hair length/color/style, clothing choice (too dark, too boring, too revealing), or make up choice, she always was there to tell me how she felt. And although she may not have noticed, I took it to heart and usually would change the things she didn’t like.

Also, if I had to pick the latest bond it would be how every night possible I would read to her, just as she did for me when I was younger. It is totally something I will miss doing. But I think it has encouraged me to continue reading myself, to where I know she is somewhere listening as well.  That’s just how God likes to send the guardian angels in our lives. The night my grandma passed, I had a dream of her being healthy and happy and wonderful, and I feel that was her way of telling me she was going to be in heaven, happy and healthy, and letting me know she was okay.

I could easily go on and on about my grandma, but my blog would be too long. To sum it up, I will greatly miss my grandma, she was one of the best, and she will always be loved by all of her family, even her added to family like all my friends who knew her, because she just touched the lives of so many.

RIP Eleanor Bensen
Grandma Mo

1 comment:

  1. Very sweet Dani...miss her very much too..and you too!

    ReplyDelete