“Whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life”. John 4:14

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Staff Training Exhaustion

Is it June 12 yet? I really would like that day to come. 
In case you were wondering, that's the first official day of camp. =)

Training has been long! Literally busy from 8 am to 10:30 pm. RIDICULOUS! 
Staff training has consisted of mainly two things:
1) Lectures (singing 101, camping 101, etc.)
2) Challenge course. (For those of you who have no idea what that is it’s basically challenges on elements that are meant for building team work.)(and when I say elements I mean balancing logs, wire ropes, and things like that.)


I loved my challenge group team, even though it’s no one from my direct Shoshone staff, its some pretty amazing people. I worked with them for like 18 hours the past 4 days so we are pretty meshed.
But I will be honest. I am soooo sick of training. I sadly have like 8 or 9 more days of it. Not that I want to complain but hey it’s my blog.

I miss home. But I am coping. It has now officially been the longest I have ever been away from home, and I am doing better than I thought I would. I think it is because I am pretty busy and do not even have time to think about it.

Weather has been nice this week! (aka maybe 65 or 70?) Until the rain came today.(along with 40 degree weather!!)  Sad. But rumor has it that it will be 80 sometime this weekend! Which is apparently almost better then whats happening in California? I hear there's tornado warning. Yikes. Anyways, I am hoping for the best as I jump into CPR/First Aid/Wilderness/Water front training! Woo!!

A big thing that I am totally looking into and learning more about and will eventually have a blog post about is how many differences and rules and all this stuff are involved in the differences between Lutherans. Here I am thinking there was just the term Lutheran. And that settled it. Little did I know. 

Today’s blog is pretty simple. Just because I feel dead and sore and don’t have much to update on. Just sending it out to let home know I am surviving, I miss home, and will hopefully have some fun stories about camp to share within the next couple of weeks!! 

1 comment:

  1. Wow Dani....sounds like you're going to be fit..and almost a doctor....and stronger ! Miss you of course...but again..envy you're adventure!!

    ReplyDelete