“Whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life”. John 4:14

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Certification!!

Training is almost over! And I couldn’t be more excited!!

Friday is the last day of training and then the real part of summer begins.  My days won’t be getting any shorter once training is done, but it will be full of wonderful campers and exciting activities all day and night! And I can’t wait.
This last week and weekend of training has been pretty intense. I am now officially
-water front certified
-CPR certified
-First aid certified
-challenge course certified (I think)
and after tomorrow will be Wilderness first aid certified.  So much certification! It is ridiculous. I was totally nervous about all of that stuff but let me tell you, CPR is pretty simple. And as long as you are focused First Aid stuff is doable. I am pretty stoked to be a lifesaver.

The weather has been sooo wonderful since Saturday. It has just been sunshine and blue skies. I love it. But then today the storm clouds came. Which were pretty cool looking, but brought cold weather and rain. Boo. But hopefully the sun will come back soon enough and I can break out the shorts. Although part  of me doesn’t want to because my legs are blinding. It’s embarrassing.

Today I impressed myself by cutting rebar with an electric hand saw thing. I think it was called a saw zaw? Something like that. I’m not sure. All I know is that it involved a fast moving blade and safety glasses. And I managed to cut some pieces and not hurt anyone or myself. Impressive if you ask me. I also did a lot of cleaning and organizing, did some Wilderness First Aid homework, and enjoyed a staff campfire up on the mountain. It was beautiful. But ready to hear about the best part of my day? This morning I went for a horseback ride around camp. So beautiful to ride around the wonderful creation that God gave us on a magnificent creature. And I get to ride again tomorrow! Best ever! I love it.

Anyways, that is my little update of what is happening in my life up at Shoshone. Still miss everyone at home but am doing just fine for now.  Oh and because I am feeling very disconnected from the world, I would love some reminders that people at home still exist, so I know this is sooo old fashioned but I would love to receive mail! You can mail me anything at all!(as long as it is appropriate to be mailed) Just send it to me at:
Danielle Bensen
Shoshone Base Camp
29216 Coeur d'Alene River Road
Wallace Idaho 83873

I would LOOOOVE to receive some stuff from home. Really would keep me sane. :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh lord Dani with a "saw zaw" thats just scary to think about... count your appendages and those of everyone that was near by.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Alan Drye = A. Landry)
    Haha saw zaw! I have to say your blog is really fun to read Danielle, I can't wait to be up there with you in a few weeks! Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for you guys to be up here!!!

    ReplyDelete