“Whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life”. John 4:14

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Anxiety

Staff Training is OFFICIALLY over. =] 
Not that I didn't love learning every possible thing I could need to know about working at camp, but I am ready for camp to start. 
Today was an overwhelming day, only because so much seemed to happen all at once.  But I survived the day, and can say I finally feel calm. Let's see how long it will last.

Truth is over the past few days my anxiety has been awful. I hate it. I miss my old laid back self that was not afraid of anything, not this weird girl who can't handle anything. So silly. For example, def freaked myself out and will not be certified to facilitate camp's zip line. Although after my reaction to it I can say I am totally okay with that. There are plenty of other things I am certified to facilitate. But that anxiety seemed to stretch on to other activities that day. We have these beautiful camp horses that I really enjoyed getting to ride on Tuesday, but on Thursday with high anxiety things weren't as exciting. You see it was raining, and I guess the horses were not a fan of that.  They kept trying to get away which caused two horses to tear their rope off the post they were attached too. One was okay, and one was so upset that it did a summer salt. Watching a horse do something like that was not fun. I really was not looking forward to that horse ride. Luckily the draft pony aka GIANT pony I was riding didn't have any freak outs. That was an exciting day. 

Camp starts Sunday and I am super excited/nervous. Luckily this first week is smaller so the experienced counselors will kinda be leading us new folk around. This way I can feel more confident in what I am doing. There is just so  much to be done in your typical week at camp. But it is a good kind of busy. So I am looking forward to it!  

I get a day off before the adventure begins and I am pretty excited to not only catch up on lost sleep, but I am hoping to go out on some sort of hike to explore the area and enjoy God's beautiful creation I am living in. Super excited for that. Plus with a whole day off I can totally get in some personal time with me and my bible. Good way to connect with God. 

Just another quick scoop on what's happening with me. 

1 comment:

  1. Remember being anxious is a normal happening...otherwise it wouldn't be a word!
    You are totally surrounded by His loving arms...no matter what you're doing...or where you are! We know this is true!
    Miss you but still jealous of your adventure!

    ReplyDelete