“Whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life”. John 4:14

Monday, August 29, 2011

And so it ends.

So, I realized that I never really had a blog to end my summer. I guess I just got so caught up in leaving camp and coming home. First off, I will share how the summer ended. After a crazy week of counseling, the weekend work went well with the exception of my allergic reaction. Sunday arrived and I got my new cabin of 4 girl. And let me say these were the most well behaved girls EVER! God totally gave me a blessing that week after my horrifying week before. I loved getting to hang out with these girls. The last week of camp was a very small week, which I think was good for the last week of summer. Very relaxed and simple. Then summer came to a close. The last weekend was full of cleaning cleaning cleaning. Literally that is all that occurred Friday and Saturday. But it involved more hanging out as a staff as well which is always the best. While cleaning out Big Creek (the biggest place on camp...which took over 8 hours to deep clean) me and Faythe got to people watch out the big windows, which def led for some good times. Saturday closed with a final dinner outing as a staff, which was nice.

My parents and Marc arrived on Saturday which was so amazing to finally get to show them (well my dad saw at the beginning) camp and why I love it so much! It's only been a part of my life for the past 7 years or so. We then hit the road on Sunday, and finally got back to California on Monday night. And now I have been home for over a week, which is weird. But good.

If only one blog post could detail every best part of summer..but that is not even possible. My summer was amazing, and I am so blessed that I got the opportunity to experience it. I got to live in the AMAZING creation the Lord made, work with amazing people I will never forget, and just grow and mature on God's path.  I learned so much about myself and God this summer, way more than I expected. I just feel like I experienced so many things for me! I mean, I met the best people, I am so much more comfortable driving now which is very good for me, I have a bit more confidence and feel that I slowly am not asking as many questions......maybe. I also now enjoy country music a lot, will most likely watch the office on my own terms, and miss the great outdoors. I can tell you that the view of dead grass due to the ridiculous heat of CA is just not as enjoyable as the beautiful greens back in Idaho.

Like I said, one blog really can't sum up the summer, so I tried my best. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment