“Whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life”. John 4:14

Sunday, May 22, 2011

The journey begins...

I have always wanted to start a blog but felt my life was just so plain...but this summer felt like the perfect time to start considering I packed up 3 months worth of stuff and will be living in Prichard Idaho. 
That is in Northern Idaho in case you didn't know. 


There is this wonderful place there called Shoshone Base Camp, which I was introduced to in 2004. I fell in love and have been there for a week every summer since.  But this summer I will be working there for the entire summer. Something I have never done before. Actually, I have never left home for longer than a week. And here I am living 1000 miles away for the summer. This is going to be the biggest adventure I have ever been on. 


I won't be able to just pick up my cell phone and get in contact with home because this place has no cell service. This blog will be a way for me to let my family and friends get quick updates on how and what I am doing. 


I haven't even gotten to the final destination yet and here is what I have concluded:
-I am incredibly attached to home. (it's kinda pathetic)
-I can fit 3 months worth of crap into 2 suitcases and a backpack. I'm really impressed.
-My car needs another gear. It would get better gas mileage. 


Anyways, I plan on having more interesting blog posts. Tonight was just the starter. This summer I will be experiencing new things every day, meet tons of new people and will experiencing God in no way I have ever before and I can't wait. 




Until another day...

1 comment:

  1. Have a great time at camp. I miss you already!!! I will be following your blog to see all the great adventures you have.

    ReplyDelete